I have always admired the design sense of Xiaomi for their products. Xiaomi the Chinese tech company founded in 2010 has launched a wide range of products from SmartPhone to wearable devices and smart home appliances, with their unique design and very competitive price Xiaomi is among those very few companies which are still believing in exploring the design instead of repeating the same product design with different names.
This was the first time for Xiaomi at Consumer Electronics Show (CES), sadly there weren’t any new product announcements but they revealed the upgraded version of products launched earlier and those are Mi TV 4, Mi Mix and Mi Router HD. The company has also revealed the white variant of their globally appreciated SmartPhone Mi Mix which was originally launched back in October.
Key Feature of Mi TV 4:
- Frameless, virtually no bezel; 4.9mm thin at its skinniest point, thinner than Mi Mix and iPhone
- Mi TV Bar integrated with 10 speakers, 2 wireless rear satellite speakers, and a beautifully designed subwoofer
- Supports latest Dolby Atmos cinema-grade audio technology
- Modular TV design separates the TV display from the electronics, allowing you to quickly upgrade to get the latest features and functionality by simply swapping out your Mi TV Bar
- Mi Port – A single cable to connects Mi TV Bar with the display
- Understated transparent stand makes it look suspended in the air even without mounting on the wall
- Well under $2000 or equivalent; ships in China later this year
- Screen size: 65, 59 and 49 inches
- Price: 2000 USD for 65 inches with Dolby Atoms Home Theater and USD 1500 for 65 inches without Dolby Atoms Home Theater; prices for the other variants will be announced later this year.
- Availability: Mi TV 4 will be available in China later this year but availability in India and other countries are still unannounced.
Key Feature of Mi Router HD:
- 4×4 multi-user MIMO router; supports up to 2600 Mbps transfer speed
- 4 high-gain PCB array antennas
- Built-in surveillance-class hard drive of up to 8TB
- Automatically back up all your devices, supports Time Machine
- Automatically syncs with Dropbox
- Integrates with Sonos audio system
- Price: Approx 200 USD for 1TB variant and approx 500 USD for 8TB variant
- Availability: Mi Router HD will be available by Q1 in China again availability in India and other countries are still unannounced
Key Feature of Mi MIX (White):
- 6.4-inch Full HD (1080 x 2040) IPS-LCD display; edgeless display; Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 clocked at 2.35GHz
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
- 128GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- 16MP PDAF rear camera
- 5MP front-facing selfie camera at the bottom right corner of the display
- Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi-Pay ready
- The ultrasonic proximity sensor is hidden behind the display
- Full ceramic body; Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 Mohs hardness
- Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece
- 4400mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Xiaomi has a huge fan base in India and its products are in huge demand because they provide premium products at a very competitive price. Xiaomi’s VP Hugo Barra and other Xiaomi officials have mentioned on several occasions that the company is leaving no stone unturned to launch all products in India. So I hope this time Xiaomi will not disappoint their Indian fans.