I have already published a post about Manual APN Configuration for different networks but in some aspect, I found that post isn’t enough, specially for the Aircel Users. I have received several queries about Aircel that isn’t possible to solve with my earlier post which can be viewed by clicking here. So am publishing this post with fully focused on Aircel Connection Configuration.
Aircel Mobile to PC Dial-Up Internet Connection Settings:
Follow the following steps:-
- Go to network connections
- Click on the left top side to select ‘Create new connection’
- Select next and ‘connect to internet’
- Select ‘Set up the connection manually’
- Next and ‘connect using dial-up’
- Next. Put ISP as AIRCEL
- Next and put Ph no. as *99***1#
Note:- Do not to put anything in the username, password box > confirm the password.
- Select “make this default connection” & “Shortcut to Desktop” and then click on Finish.
Now go to Network Connections and right click on AIRCEL
- Select properties > Click Configure
- Select the highest maximum speed
- Select the three boxes of hardware features,
- Click options tab and Deselect prompt Username, Phone no & Password
- Click on the security tab and see whether typical settings with allow unsecured password is selected.
- Now click on the networking tab and click settings > select the three options
- Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and
- Use this DNS of open DNS as 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11. Now click OK and dial using the connection.
In case you got Error 734: “The PPP link control protocols were terminated error” then
- Go to desktop and right-click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Select Device Manager and select the Modem.
- Expand it to look for the Modem. Then just double click on it
- Select Advanced and put the following codes in extra initialization commands > and click on Ok.
You can follow the same process for other networks like Airtel, Voda, Idea etc all you need to do is get the setting from customer care and the dial-up number and make the necessary changes here. For BSNL, instead of aircelgprs use the bsnlnet and for Airtel airtellive or airtelgprs.