Microsoft has released the developer preview of Windows 8 for Microsoft users. The developer preview is available since last one month and it included 32-bit and 64-bit builds of Windows 8 plus development tools. It includes most of the upcoming Windows 8 features as the alpha or pre-beta version which can be similar to this or might change completely after the final release of Windows 8. These pre-release softwares may change without notice, the applications are not optimized for the end users so it may break or hang during use so don’t rely on these tools with your important data.
There are high chances that the OS may not be stable, so if you are going to install it or already installed on your system then please operate carefully when you dealing with important work or data or it would be wise to wait for the final version of the software. Some product features and functionality may also require advanced or additional hardware or installation of other software.
Note :- You can’t uninstall the Windows 8 Developer Preview. To go back to your previous operating system, you will have to reinstall it from restore or installation media.
Windows 8 Pre Beta Version can run on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 Gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- To use the touch feature you should have a touch-enabled screen
- Metro style Apps may need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
Click here and go to the windows 8 download page.
Choose and download the suitable type of setup from the list.