This is an easy and simple way to remove the shortcut arrow in windows and it does not require any external application.
Follow these steps to remove the shortcut arrows…!!
- Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
- Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Shell Icons
- Backup the key by exporting it to a file
- In the right-pane, create a new String value named 29
- Double-click 29 and set its Value data as:
(shell32.dll,50 is a empty icon)
- Close Registry Editor.
To apply the changes instantly, follow this
- Right-click Desktop, choose Properties
- Click the Appearance Tab.
- Click Advanced button
- Choose Icon from the drop-down list
- Set it’s size to 31 and press OK, OK.
The changes will be applied now. Repeat the above steps and then set the Icon size back to 32 (defaults). The above steps are required to force Windows to redraw the icons.