If you had a Nokia before getting your smartphone transferring contacts could be a little difficult especially since many of us have over 1000 contacts (more than what a SIM card can hold for transferring). Here’s a dreadfully simple way of doing that !
Follow these steps…
1. Download & Install Nokia Suite in your PC. The software is very straightforward to use.
2. Start by taking a backup of the contacts on your Nokia. You may uncheck other options like Settings or Bookmarks since it’s highly unlikely that they can be used on an Android. After the backup process gets over, you should have a .nbu output file. This, unfortunately is a Nokia Proprietary standard and can be restored only to a Nokia phone.
3. We are going to use an Amazing software called ‘NBU Explorer’. It is going to help us read the contents in your .nbu file and convert the contacts into .vcf
4. All you need to is go to File > Point the .nbu file to this software and export it’s contents in some folder of your PC.
5. All contacts may be in each separate .vcf file so don’t worry.
6. Download and install “Wondershare MobileGo” wondershare MobileGo is very useful application but the full feature is only available for paid user, for paid user they providing a feature by which you could add both Nokia’s and android’s cellphone and transfer contacts and all data easily. With free version you can only import contacts from .vcf file.
7. Open MobileGo and connect you android cellphone via USB or WiFi.
8. Go to contacts >> click on import and choose “Import contacts from vCard file”.
9. Browse the folder where you exported contacts from nokia’s .nbu file.
10. Select .vcf file or all .vcf files if all contacts are in separate .vcf files and click on open or select to import all files.
after few minutes you will see that all contacts are imported in android phone.
Note: If nbu explorer exported only one vcf file after step 4th than you will have to copy the VCF files into a folder of your Android’s SD card. This data can be used as your contacts by adding them to your phone book in your Android phone’s menu. Although, NBU Explorer lets you extract text messages from the backups, it didn’t work follow res of steps.
Note: NBU Explorer requires at least Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to work.
If you have a phone like the N95 there is an option to directly move all the contacts from the phone’s memory to the SD card. This saves a few steps and the necessity to install NBU Installer/OVI Suite.
Update:- The best way to transfer your all contact is, just export all contact as a .vcf file using Nokia PC Suit and import that .vcf file in Gmail or in any email account >>> Add that email account in your cellphone and sync the data. Your all contact will synced on the cellphone as well as it will stored in your email account permanently.