Recently facebook added video autoplay feature which isn’t a unique feature, we have seen video autoplay thing on Instagram. There might be some users who like this feature but as I know most of the users isn’t liking Facebook video autoplay feature. There are two considerable reason for not liking this features.
a) It will eat your Internet data to load those videos. So for those who has limited data connection it is really frustrating.
b) Personally I felt initially, It is really irritating while you scrolling timeline and seeing these autoplay video. Its like being distracted from actual updates. Yesterday someone asked me do we have any option to disable this video autoplay thing, its like torturing for me he added 🙂
Thankfully, we have options to control this as default, off or on, thanks Facebook for that but they should have introduced this as option not as default.
So by default video autoplay will be enable until you disable this manual.
In this small post I’ll guide you to disable Facebook video autoplay. Please follow the following steps and refer the screenshots for better understanding.
1. Login to Facebook
2. Click on down arrow >>> click on setting.
3. Look for video and click on same to open video setting.
4. On next window you will have two settings.
i) Video default quality – to choose the default quality of video to load.
ii) Auto Play Videos – To enable/disable video autoplay.
5. Go-to “Auto Play Videos” click on default and select “Off” from drop-down.
Remember u can enable or disable thia option anytime and if u are also using Facebook app for smartphones u need to this in app also follow app instructions below.
How to disable Facebook video autoplay on Facebook mobile app.
1. Open and login to Facebook app on your device.
2. Tap on option icon or slide right end to open app options.
3. Scroll down till help and setting section >>> Tap on App Settings.
4. On setting page there is an option “video play automatically”. A pop-up window will appear. On pop-up window you will have three options On, WiFi only and Off.
5. Tap on “Off” to turn off the video autoplay.