What is mcagent.exe doing on Ur computer ?
mcagent.exe is a process belonging to McAfee Internet Security suite. This process ensures the computer’s virus definitions are up to date by communicating with the McAfee VirusScan server on the network. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. Non-system processes like mcagent.exe originate from software you installed on your system. Since most applications store data in your system’s registry, it is likely that your registry has suffered fragmentation and accumulated invalid entries which can affect your PC’s performance.
Why is mcagent.exe giving errors ?
Process related issues are usually related to problems encountered by the application that runs it. The safest way to stop these errors is to uninstall the application and run a system scan to automatically identify any unused processes and services that are using up valuable resources.
The safest way to stop these errors is to uninstall the application and run a scan to identify any system issues including invalid registry entries that have accumulated over time.
How to Remove “mcagent.exe”
To remove mcagent.exe, follow the instructions mentioned below:
1. Download the MCPR tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe , when prompted, save it to a folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click MCPR.exe.
3. When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes. 4.At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
5. At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
6. When prompted, type the Captcha information to validate to application security, then click Next
7. When you see the message “CleanUp Successful, restart your computer”. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.
Alternate ways to Remove “mcagent.exe”
1. Right click on Tasbar and click on Properties.
2. Select Customize it will open Notification Area Icons.
3. Search mcagent and change behavior by selecting hide icon and notifications.
mcagent still there after both removal processes, try following steps…
1. Open Ccleaner.
2. Go to Advanced.
3. Click Tray Notification Cache.
4. Click Analyze, Run Cleaner
5. Run Cleaner.
6. Close Ccleaner
Open “Start task Manager”, click Processes, right click explorer.exe, end process (desktop will disappear), Restart Your System. mcagent should be gone from Notification Area Icons.