mcagent.exe is a process belonging to McAfee Internet Security suite. This process ensures the computer’s virus definitions are up to date by communicating with the McAfee VirusScan server on the network. According to the McAfee, this program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.
Non-system processes like mcagent.exe originate from software you installed on your system. Since most applications store data in your system’s registry, it is likely that your registry has suffered fragmentation and accumulated invalid entries which can affect your PC’s performance. If you are getting errors because of the mcagent.exe or any kind of error messages caused by the mcagent.exe then you could consider removing it.
How to Remove mcagent.exe?
- Click to download the MCPR tool, it may ask you to save it in your system select the download destination on your computer.
- Go to the folder where you saved the MCPR file and double-click MCPR.exe to start the installation.
- When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) agreement and click next to proceed.
- It may also pass through the Captcha to validate the application and its security. Click on next to proceed further.
- When you see the message “CleanUp Successful, restart your computer”. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart. Please restart your system.
How to Hide mcagent.exe From Notification Area
- Right click on Tasbar and click on properties
- Select Customize which will open Notification Area Icons
- Search mcagent and change behavior by selecting hide icon and notifications.
In case mcagent.exe is still there after both removal processes, then try the following steps:
- Open Ccleaner.
- Go to Advanced.
- Click Tray Notification Cache.
- Click Analyze, Run Cleaner
- Run Cleaner.
- Close Ccleaner
Open “Start task Manager”, click Processes, right click explorer.exe, end process (desktop will disappear), Restart Your System. mcagent should be gone from Notification Area Icons.