Motorola announced Moto X style globally in July. Now Motorola’s online retail partner Flipkart hinted that device will be launched in India on 8th October exclusively on Flipkart.
Key Specifications of Moto X Style:-
- 5.7″ IPS display with QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution, 520 PPI
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz paired.
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and Adreno 418 GPU.
- 16GB/32GB/64GB of built-in memory with microSD card support up to 128GB.
- Pure stock Android Lollipop 5.1.1 without any bloatware, Upgradable to Android Marshmallow 6.0.
- 21MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detect autofocus, dual-tone LED flesh, gesture controls and capability of capturing 4K videos @30fps, 1080p @60fps & slow-motion video capture. No OIS…!!
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixels, LED flash.
- Front-facing stereo speakers.
- 3000 mAh battery with TurboPower quick charging, 34% battery charge in only 15 minutes.
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 low energy(LE), NFC, GPS
Moto X Style’s specifications are outstanding and pure stock android is an extra advantage but I guess the success of this device will depend on the price tag. Expected price of Moto X style in India is 24,000 INR for 16GB variant, 30,000 INR for 32GB and around 35,000 INR for the 64GB variant.
Prices really matter in India, so it will be a bit difficult for Motorola to sell the massive number of devices in India. Moto X Style has many premium specifications but it still missing one very important-trending feature which is “Fingerprint Sensor” and there are also few other missing features like wireless charging, infrared and OIS(Optical Image Stabilization).
Devices like OnePlus 2 with better specs in the lower price range is already in market and Nexus 5X is also coming soon so competition will be very tough for Moto X Style.
OP2 with “better specs”???
You mean that heater of a processor, lack of external memory slot, inferior camera, inferior screen resolution, lack of fast charging, no splash resistance, no hands-free gestures, no dual front stereo speakers, no front selfie flash etc… makes a phone with better specs…?
I am not here to defend any device but the thing is consider the specs we really need.
1. Heating Issue – I have OP2 and usually I never faced heating issues you can also read opinion and review on other websites no one complained about heating issue.
2. Fast Charging – In my OnePlus 2 review post I have mentioned about this OP2 lacking fast charging but its not a big deal if you need to charge your device once in a 24 hours. OnePlus 2 still charges fully in two hours.
3. 64GB internal memory is enough for now, yeah extended would be better.
4. Screen Resolution – It has full HD display and the better one, everyone will have their own preferences and I prefer the battery life. QHD display with large screen size will definitely drain you battery faster.
5. Speaker – OP2 lacking stereo speaker but it’s single speaker is producing nice sound not louder but its not bad. I barely play music via phone’s speaker, I love to listen musics with earphones and OP2 has MAXX Audio which is producing magnificent sound.
6. It has 4GB DDR4 RAM, better camera, handy screen size, beautiful design, dual SIM support, hardware navigation button, Fingerprint Sensor, 3300mAh battery, UST – Type C and better “App Permission” option than Android M.
7. 13 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization, Laser Auto Focus, and larger 1.3 Micron Pixels which makes the camera better remember only MegaPixel doesn’t matter.
8. Last and most important Price, price of Moto X Style 64GB variant is much higher than OnePlus 2.
I will say this again it upto customers what they prefer, every customer has their own preferences, requirements and budgets. Its upto customers, upto you what features you need in your device and you have many options/alternatives available in market.
Thanks for for reading and raising question.