Motorola announced Moto X style globally in July. Now Motorola’s online retail partner Flipkart hinted that device will be launched in India on 8th October exclusively on Flipkart.
Key Specifications of Moto X Style:-
- 5.7″ IPS display with QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution, 520 PPI
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz paired.
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and Adreno 418 GPU.
- 16GB/32GB/64GB of built-in memory with microSD card support up to 128GB.
- Pure stock Android Lollipop 5.1.1 without any bloatware, Upgradable to Android Marshmallow 6.0.
- 21MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detect autofocus, dual-tone LED flesh, gesture controls and capability of capturing 4K videos @30fps, 1080p @60fps & slow-motion video capture. No OIS…!!
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixels, LED flash.
- Front-facing stereo speakers.
- 3000 mAh battery with TurboPower quick charging, 34% battery charge in only 15 minutes.
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 low energy(LE), NFC, GPS
Moto X Style’s specifications are outstanding and pure stock android is an extra advantage but I guess the success of this device will depend on the price tag. Expected price of Moto X style in India is 24,000 INR for 16GB variant, 30,000 INR for 32GB and around 35,000 INR for the 64GB variant.
Prices really matter in India, so it will be a bit difficult for Motorola to sell the massive number of devices in India. Moto X Style has many premium specifications but it still missing one very important-trending feature which is “Fingerprint Sensor” and there are also few other missing features like wireless charging, infrared and OIS(Optical Image Stabilization).