Motorola announced Moto X style globally in July. Now Motorola’s online retail partner flipkart hinted that device will be launched in India on 8th October exclusively on flipkart.
Few major key specifications of Moto X Style :-
- 5.7″ IPS display with QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution, 520 PPI
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz paired.
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM and Adreno 418 GPU.
- 16GB/32GB/64GB of built-in memory with microSD card support up to 128GB.
- Pure stock Android Lollipop 5.1.1 without any bloatware, Upgradable to Android Marshmallow 6.0.
- 21MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detect autofocus, dual-tone LED flesh, gesture controls and capability of capturing 4K videos @30fps, 1080p @60fps & slow-motion video capture. No OIS…!!
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixels, LED flash.
- Front-facing stereo speakers.
- 3000 mAh battery with TurboPower quick charging, 34% battery charge in only 15 minutes.
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 low energy(LE), NFC, GPS
Moto X Style’s specifications are outstanding and pure stock android is an extra advantage but I guess success of this device will depend on the price tag. Expected price of moto X style in India is 24,000 INR for 16GB variant, 30,000 INR for 32GB and around 35,000 INR for 64GB variant.
Prices really matters in India, so it will be bit difficult for Motorola to sell massive number of devices in India. Moto X Style has many premium specification but it still missing one very important-trending feature which is “Fingerprint Sensor” and there are also few other missing features like wireless charging, infrared and OIS(Optical Image Stabilization).
Devices like OnePlus 2 with better specs in lower price range is already in market and Nexus 5X is also coming soon so competition will be very tough for Moto X Style.