Honeywell is not just a product and software solutions company that most of us know, Honeywell is actively participating in developing the world-class cutting-edge technologies that improve quality of life for people around in India and around the globe. The company is already playing a defining role in the growth of India’s 100 Smart Cities.
Honeywell is the prime strategic partner with state governments and local authorities to implement its Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled citywide security and surveillance systems, including the installation of 10,000 closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs), emergency response solutions, automatic number plate reading system (ANPR), and intelligent traffic management technologies at work in 65 cities and towns across the country.
The American multinational conglomerate company has already deployed their surveillance and security system in many cities to help boost security, and prevent crime; some of these cities are Bhubaneswar, Aurangabad, 11-City in Madhya Pradesh, Rajkot etc.
The company has demonstrated their system at company’s Bangalore R & D centre, which is one of the key innovation hubs for the company since 1994. The company has recently set up a new campus here with an investment of $223M, to develop cutting-edge connected offerings to serve its local and global customers alike.
Top Techs Developed at the Bangalore R & D centre:
Honeywell Connected Freight:
Honeywell’s Connected Freight technology monitors high-value and perishable goods in transit, helping prevent damage, loss and theft. The solution consists of cost-effective sensor tags that sense a range of environmental conditions, such as temperature or vibration. The logistics companies can achieve real-time visibility to the status and conditions of high-value goods shipments throughout transit.
Honeywell Smart-City Technologies:
Honeywell smart city techs are also being developed at the Bangalore campus, its sensors capture data, analyze it, and turn it into information that enables better situational awareness for decision makers, aiding their smart city and surveillance goals.
Honeywell Connected Plant: Shaping The Future Of Refineries And Plants
Honeywell Connected Plant encompasses the complete array of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)e-infrastructure, including smart sensors and controllers, distributed control systems, cloud solutions for gathering and analyzing data, as well as predictive analytics and mobility
- Honeywell Trace™ is a powerful data collection software and change management system. Documenting data up to 300 times more frequently than other solutions and providing the most powerful search and analysis functions, Honeywell Trace™ helps reduce costs, increase reliability and boost performance.
- Terminal Manager: Honeywell Terminal Manager software integrates with the Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS) platform and other offerings to provide a complete terminal automation solution. The software manages critical issues facing bulk liquid terminals such as complexity in handling multiple products and regulatory requirements while improving safety and productivity.
Honeywell Connected Aircraft:
Connectivity is revolutionizing the aerospace industry and Honeywell has taken a lead in delivering a high-speed Wi-Fi era in the skies. We are differentiated by our breadth and depth of technologies.
- Advanced technology solutions like voice assistants for pilots, augmented reality displays, and 3D printed components in cockpits is helping make air travel safer and more efficient for both pilots and passengers.
- Honeywell SmartView: Unlike a conventional primary flight display that shows only the sky and land in 2-dimension separated by a line, Honeywell’s version of synthetic vision called SmartView shows a 3-dimension rendering of the world outside with terrain, runways, and obstacles. It’s a more intuitive and familiar way of displaying position information because pilots don’t have to cross-reference and interpret multiple 2D displays. SmartView also guides pilots into the runway with helpful symbology.
- A new 3D printed frontier: You might not be able to see the components made at Honeywell’s 3D printing lab on your next flight, but these aircraft parts are lighter than ever before. 3D printing improves aircraft reliability by streamlining the assembly process for complicated parts.