We are a day away from the 2nd phase of voting which is on 18th April, Voting is the biggest power and responsibility for a citizen in a democracy. In India, the Lok Sabha election is treated as the biggest festival of democracy, so every eligible citizen must cast their vote. Voting is the power that decides your as well as the country’s fate, so everyone should choose their candidate very wisely without getting influenced by anyone else.
Every 18 years and older citizen of this country has the right to vote if your age is 18 and above then probably your name should be on the Voter List or Electoral Roll. But, in case you are not sure whether you are on the voter list or not then the government has a very easy way to help you making sure you are on the EC’s voter list.
The time has gone when adding, editing, deleting or transferring voter’s data used to be the nightmare, now Indian government and its agencies are adopting the technology to make things easier for the citizen. The Election Commission of India has made all voter list and related process online, from Voter Enrolment/Registration to editing, deleting and transferring your entry are easier than ever.
How to Check Your Name or Voter Details on Voter List Online?
There are two options to check the voter information online:
- Using the Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) number or Voter ID number.
- Using your personal information.
By using any of these options you may check your voter information stored with the Election Commission of India; you can also submit the transfer, update, delete request online. Now follow the following process to get your voter information online.
- Open your web browser and go to the electoral search website – electoralsearch.in
- Now either you can use the EPIC number/Voter ID number or else you can use find your entry using your personal data. Select your choice of search method.
- To EPIC number or Voter ID number, click on the option called “Search by EPIC No.”
- Enter your Voter ID or EPIC number, you can find it on your Voter.
- Enter your state where you had enrolled for the Voter card.
- Enter the Captcha/validation text showing there.
- Click on Search
Within a few seconds, you will get the result and from there you can submit the transfer, update, and delete request online.
Search Voter Information Without Voter ID card Number:
- By default, the page will show you the “Search by Details” option or you can also click on the option.
- Enter your information correctly as you mentioned during enrolment, select your state, district etc. Additionally, you can also locate your Polling Station Location using the map.
- After filling all details, enter the Captcha/validation text showing there.
- Click on Search
You will get your information as soon as you hit the Search button. To save or store Voter Information you can click on “Print Voter Information”, it will download the Voter Details in PDF format.
Election Commission of India has also released a mobile application called Voter Helpline, you can download the app from Play Store or Click Here to download it. All the Voter relation information and service request process are available there as well.
Search Your Name in Voter List/Electoral Roll via SMS or Without Internet:
You get the voter information via text message, SMS space to 1950 (EPIC or Voter ID card). Example – If your EPIC is 12345678 then sms ECI 12345678 to 1950
Find Polling booth (Where to Vote):
You can go to electoralsearch.in or use Voter Helpline App to find their polling booth
For Polling station location SMS space to 1950