If you want to create a private drive on your computer to store the private and personal data than this article is going to be really helpful for you.
There are many tricks to hide a partition or drive and also many software are available to do this job but in this post, I am going to explain an easy method to do that. Basically, we are going to hide the entire drive which you wanted to make a private drive of your secret partition. Hiding a drive or partition is a very easy process and this is one of the best methods to hide your private data on your PC.
How To Hide Drive Or Partition in Windows OS
Using Windows Disk Management Tools
This is the best and easiest way to do this job on Windows 7, there is an inbuilt application on Windows 7 for Hard Drive partition and other Hard drive related works and you can use that feature to Hide, Unhide, Create and Remove the partition on your system. If you are using the Windows 7 or newer Windows operating system then this is the easiest and the safest way to do your job. Follow these following steps:
- Right-Click on My Computer [Computer in Windows Vista and Windows 7]
- Click On Manage.
- Click on Disk Management that will be located in the left-bottom section.
- All your hard disk and its partitions will be shown on the right-hand side.
- Right-Click on the partition that you want to hide
- Select “Change Drive Letters and Path”.
- Click on “Remove” and click “Yes”.
- Your drive will now be hidden on my computer.
How-to Unhide the Drive or Partition on Windows PC
- Go to Disk Management
- Right-Click on the hidden partition [there will not be a drive letter on the hidden drive].
- Select “Change Drive Letters and Path”Click on add and select an appropriate drive letter.
- Click Ok
- Now the drive should is Visible in Windows Explorer or in My Computer