When it comes to the remote accessing a PC you can find many tools to support you friends/family over internet. There are well known application/tools/softwares like Team Viewer which allows the free remote accessing feature but in this post I am going to share about a new way to access the remote desktop screen very easily and quickly.
There is a web application called showmewhatswrong.com, by using this application you can record the screen of your friend’s PC to know the exact trouble happening there.
- Open the website www.showmewhatswrong.com
- Enter Your Name and Email Address and click on generate.
- You will got a link to share with your friend
- Send that link to you friend via email and ask to click on that link.
- After opening the link ask your friend to enter his/her name and click on start recording.
- After clicking start recording Browser will ask to allow the application on your friend’s computer.
- Allow that request (Required Java).
- Click on Run.
- After 3 countdown, record will start and maximum length of recording is 5 minutes, you also have audio recording option.
- Ask you friend to make that error visible on screen and do the job which giving error.
- After complete the recording click on stop(right below corner) and the recorded video link will automatically send to your email id.
- Open the link and either see or download the video.
- Now exact trouble in front of you and you will able to suggest exact solution for the trouble.
Watch the complete visual guide and demo by clicking here.
Update: ShowMeWhatsWrong.com is no more functional, but there are some alternative that you can consider using for the similar work requirements; these tools are Screencastify (Chrome Extension), Surfly, Median CoBrowsing, etc.