With HJSplit you can not only split files but you can also join the split parts back together again. Combining or joining the split parts of some big file is equivalent to restoring the original (pre-split) files.
After clicking on the ‘Join’ button in the main HJSplit screen, you will see the following screen:
To join a set of files, just perform the steps indicated below.
1. Make sure the set of split parts (set of files ending in .001, .002, .003, etc.) to be joined should be in the same directory.
2. Click on the button ‘Input file’ it will open the explorer window to browse the files to join.
3. On the file browser window, select the split files you want to join and then press the ‘Open’ button.
Note: Remember that only the first file among the multiple split parts (the .001, .002 etc files) will be displayed on the file joining window. Please note that all split file parts should be in the same folder to join all the files by doing this HJSplit will automatically find all of them during the joining process.
After pressing ‘Open’, the name and path of the file you just selected will appear in the ‘input file’ box, please see below:
4. After selecting split file parts the .001, .002 etc just the Press the ‘start’ button on the screen above. HJSplit will show a progress bar with the caption ‘working’.
5. Finally, you will see the message that joining is completed and joined output file can now be found in the same folder as the split part (the .001 file you selected in step 2).
To download HJSplit 3.0 for Windows (200 Kb), just click on one of the links below:
hjsplit.zip (location 1)
hjsplit.zip (location 2)
hjsplit.zip (location 3)
To download HJSplit 3.1 for Linux (840 Kb), just click on one of the links below:
hjsplitlx.tar.gz (location 1)
hjsplitlx.tar.gz (location 2)
hjsplitlx.tar.gz (location 3)