“Two minutes of silence for those who have purchased the OnePlus 6 recently”
Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has launched the OnePlus 6T which is a refreshed version of OnePlus 6 launched early this year. The company is following this pattern since the launch of OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, it happened with OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T and now the company has replaced the OnePlus 6 with the OnePlus 6T in India and globally.
At least now, OnePlus fans or potential buyers should understand that they should wait for the “T” variant or 2nd device of the year if they can wait or if they are planning to buy the OnePlus smartphones.
OnePlus 6T looks way better than the OnePlus 6, thanks to the waterdrop notch on top of the display, in my opinion, the notch on OnePlus 6 was the ugliest display notch after the Pixel 3 XL so for buyers who do not like the regular notch due to any reason may find the waterdrop notch more convincing.
I was going through the tweets about the OnePlus 6T and found some tweets where OnePlus 6 buyers who have purchased OnePlus 6 recently are complaining the company has fooled them twice, first when Amazon dropped the price of OnePlus 6 during the “Great India Sale” and then launch of OnePlus 6T at almost similar price tags.
The anger of buyers is true but only if they had purchased the 128 GB variant or if they had the budget flexibility because the price of OnePlus 6T is starting from INR 37,999 whereas the starting price of OnePlus 6 was INR 34,999. This is also a fact that with the price of INR 37,999 OnePlus 6T has better battery and better-larger display design than the OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6T comes with 6.41 inches full-HD+ Optic AMOLED display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080×2340 pixels resolutions and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, while the OnePlus 6 had a 6.28-inch full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) Optic AMOLED display with a 19:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection; and yeah the notch, OnePlus 6T has waterdrop tiny notch whereas OnePlus 6 had iPhone X like big and ugly notch.
The other most of the features and specifications of OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 6 are similar except the battery and the 3.5mm AUDIO JACK, OnePlus 6T has ditched the 3.5mm audio jack and battery of OnePlus 6T is 3700 mAh while OnePlus 6 had 3300 mAh battery.
The battery improvement on OnePlus 6T is going to be one of the primary reason to recommend the OnePlus 6T but at the same time absence of the 3.5mm audio jack will be a deal breaker for many users in India unless the company will provide the USB Type-C headphone with the phone because if someone is buying the OnePlus 6T then they will also have to buy a USB Type-C earphones and even if they are having a good 3.5mm earphones; this will add minimum INR 2-3k extra which will make the 6T deal more expensive for the buyers.
OnePlus is giving the USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter with the OnePlus 6T so that is another way out but it will be totally on the basis of one’s personal preferences whether they find that convenient or not. However, OnePlus has also released Type-C Bullets Earphones which has a pretty elegant design, comes in black color with a price tag of INR 1,490. But, unfortunately, you need to buy it separately if you don’t have Type-C or wireless earphones, OnePlus Type-C Bullets can be purchased from the official store of OnePlus India.
Full Specifications of OnePlus 6T and What’s Different from OnePlus 6:
- Dual SIM, 4G-VoLTE support, Nano-SIM
- OnePlus 6: 6.28 inches full HD+ Optic AMOLED display, 1080×2280 pixels, 19:9 Aspect ration, 402 PPI, ~83.8% screen-to-body ratio; Gorilla Glass 5
- OnePlus 6T: 6.41 inches full HD+ Optic AMOLED display, 1080×2340 pixels, 19.5:9 Aspect ration, 402 PPI, ~85.6% screen-to-body ratio; 2.5D Gorilla Glass 6
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminium frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- 6 GB RAM with 64 GB internal storage (OnePlus 6)
- 6 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage (both)
- 8 GB RAM with 128/256 GB internal storage (both)
- Fingerprint sensor (rear mounted ) and Face Unlock (OnePlus 6)
- In-Display fingerprint scanner and Face Unlock (OnePlus 6T)
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with f/1.7 aperture, 1.22µm pixel size + 20 MP with f/1.7 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size; Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), PDAF, Dual-LED flash, Auto-HDR, Portrait mode, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, screen selfie light, full HD video recording
- 3.5mm Audio Jack – [OnePlus 6 – Yes], [OnePlus 6T – NO]
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass, RGB Ambient Light and Proximity Sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, A-GPS, GLONASS, NO FM Radio, NO memory card slot, USB 2.0 Type-C, USB OTG
- Colour: Mirror Black, Midnight Black
- Dimension: 6.20 x 2.94 x 0.32 inches (OnePlus 6T) || 6.20 x 2.94 x 0.32 inches (OnePlus 6)
- Weight: 177 g (OnePlus 6) || 185g (OnePlus 6T)
- OnePlus 6: 3300 mAh Li-Ion Non-removable battery with Dash charging
- OnePlus 6T: 3700mAh Li-Ion Non-removable battery with Dash charging
- Oxygen OS based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
What’s in The Box:
OnePlus 6T Handset, Plastic Screen Guard (pre-applied), Translucent Case, Type-C Cable, Dash Charge Power Adapter, SIM Tray Ejector, Quick Start Guide, Safety Information and Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter
Price, Availability and Where to Buy:
As I have mentioned earlier the starting price of OnePlus 6T is INR 37,999 for the variant with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage other primary variants of OnePlus 6T and their prices are INR 41,999 for 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage and INR 45,999 for the top variant with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB internal storage.
All variants of OnePLus 6T are already available with exclusive online retail partner Amazon India, now customers can also get the OnePlus 6T at the offline store. OnePlus 6T is available at offline electronic retail stores Croma and Reliance Digital and you can get it anytime in case you don’t want to place the order online or don’t wanted to wait for the Amazon delivery.