Vivo, one of the leading smartphone brands in India is all set to launch another Android smartphone with the breakthrough design. The Vivo Nex S with a front pop-up selfie camera system and under display fingerprint sensor, and Vivo Nex A with pop-up selfie camera plus rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. Both phones will have similar design and look the only difference will be in the processor, RAM, and the fingerprint sensor placement.
This is not the first time when Vivo has introduced unique and really cool features with their smartphones, back in March, Vivo has successfully launched the first ever Smartphone with under display(In-Display) fingerprint sensor and the device is being loved by the users countrywide.
The fingerprint sensor and selfie camera is a real pain for brands when they are trying to narrow down the bezels to provide the maximum possible screen-to-body ratio but Vivo has introduced the very brilliant method to resolve it.
By putting the fingerprint scanner under the display and adding a pop-up selfie camera system Vivo attained a 91.24% screen-to-body ratio which makes Vivo Nex S and Nex A almost a zero bezels phone.
Those who do not know much about the pop-up camera feature yet, the front camera of Vivo Nex S and Nex A will be hidden inside the body and whenever you need it or whenever you want to take selfies or turn on the front camera it will popped-up and will retract again after closing the camera.
Expected Key Specifications of Vivo Nex S and Nex A:
- Dual SIM dual standby, 4G-VoLTE Support, Hybrid SIM slot
- 6.59 inches Full HD+ super AMOLED display, 1080 x 2316 pixels, 388 PPI
- Nex S: Snapdragon 845 octa-core SoC with Adreno 630
- Nex S: 8 GB RAM + 128GB/256GB Internal Storage
- Nex S: In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Nex A: Snapdragon 710 octa-core SoC with Adreno 616
- Nex A: 6 GB RAM + 128GB Internal Storage
- Nex A: Rear mounted fingerprint sensor
- No storage expandable options
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 5 MP camera with dual tone dual LED flash, PDAF, 4-axis OIS
- Front Camera: Pop-up 8 MP, AR Stickers
- Sensors: A fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, Compass, proximity sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack and USB 2.0 with Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Colour: Black, Red
- Dimension: 162 x 77 x 8 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Funtouch 4.0 operating system based on Android Oreo 8.1
Price and Release Date of Vivo Nex S and A in India:
Vivo has started sending the ‘Block Your Date’ emails to media and bloggers which says the company is going to host a launch event in India on July 19 where the company will launch the Vivo Nex series smartphones, it’s still unclear whether they will launch both Nex S and Nex A or just one among these two. Price of Vivo Nex S and Nex A is also not official yet but you can expect the Nex S with 8GB RAM and 128 GB storage at approx Rs.47,000 and Nex A with 6GB RAM and 128 GB storage at approx Rs.40,400.
There will also be a limited edition of Vivo Nex S with 256 GB internal storage which will be available only in the black colour variant, unlike other variants which will be available with red and black colour options.