After the drone, bicycle and air purifier now Xiaomi has proved it once again why they are calling themselves a technology company, not just a smartphone company. Xiaomi has released their first laptop called Mi Notebook Air a true flagship killer laptop. With Mi Notebook Air Xiaomi is ready to redefine and start a new era of laptop industry like they did with smartphone industry. This is the reason why Xiaomi has the biggest fan following globally, its Xiaomi who making devices beyond the imagination with a surprisingly low price tag.
Xiaomi has released two variants of Mi Notebook Air the powerful 13.3-inch and the portable 12.5 inch. Both variants of Mi Notebook Air has very slim full metal body with a 1080p full HD display with slim under-glass bezels; it also features a full-sized keyboard with individual backlit keys and 1.3mm keystroke depth. The best part about Mi Notebook is Discrete graphics NVIDIA 940MX (1GB DDR5) this is something important that most other ultraportable laptops lack.
Key Specifications of Mi Notebook Air:
- Display: 12.5 inch & 13.3 inch 1080p full HD display protected with 7H hardness, endless glass.
- Slim all-metal body
- 12.5 inch variant: Intel Core Duo processor M3 + 4GB DDR4 RAM + 128GB SSD + integrated graphics
- 13.3 inch variant : Intel Core i5 (6th gen.) + 8GB DDR4 RAM + 256GB SSD + NVIDIA 940MX (1GB DDR5) Graphics
- AKG custom grade dual speakers with Audio Dolby ™ Premium Surround Sound technology
- Full-sized keyboard with individual backlit keys
- Ports: USB Type – C – 1, full-size HDMI – 1, USB3.0 – 2 and 3.5MM audio input
- 802.11ac Dual-band Wi-Fi, Dual Wi-Fi antenna
- Supports Bluetooth 4.1 can be unlocked automatically with Mi Band
- Expandable SSD slot to expand the storage
- Color: Gold & silver
- Mi Cloud Sync also allows you to syncs your phone contacts, messages, gallery, notes, and other data
- Battery Backup: 11.5 hours with 12.5-inch variant and 9.5 hours with 13.3-inch variant, the battery can be charged 50 % in just 30 minutes.
- Powered by Windows 10 Home
The USB Type-C of Mi Notebook has multiple functionalities like charging, video output, data transmission and you can also use the accessory extension. Xiaomi tried to match the perfection in all aspect from design to battery backup, Mi Notebook Air supports 1C fast charging technology by which it can be charged 50% in just 30 minutes, means 4-5 hours of battery backup by just charging it for 30 minutes. Xiaomi has teamed up with AKG to deliver the premium sound quality; Mi Notebook Air has AKG custom grade dual speakers with Audio Dolby ™ Premium Surround Sound technology.
Mi Notebook is a well-designed powerhouse but still extremely slim and light in weight, the portable 12.5-inch variant is 12.9mm thin and 1.07kg heavy whereas flagship variant with 13.3-inch variant is 14.8mm thin and 1.28kg heavy. It is really appreciatable that Xiaomi managed to pack Intel Core i5-6200U “Skylake-U” processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD with expandable SSD option and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX GPU(with 1GB GDDR5 RAM) in a 14.8mm thin and 1.28kg heavy device.
Xiaomi announced the availability of Mi Notebook Air in China from August 2, yet no any announcement about it’s release in Indian and global market but we can expect some announcements about the release in India on or before August 15th 2016.
Price of Mi Notebook Air in China is CNY 3,499 and CNY 4,999 but Price of Mi Notebook Air in India may be slightly different from the Chinese prices which can be slightly more or less. As per the current exchange rate price of Mi Notebook Air in India is around Rs. 35,000 for 12.5-inch display and around Rs. 50,000 for flagship variant with 13.3-inch display 8GB DDR4 RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX GPU.