Xiaomi’s co-founder and Senior VP Liwan Jiang, stopped the rumour mill about launching Xiaomi Mi 5. Liwan Jiang posted on Chinese microblogging site Weibo that Xiaomi Mi 5 will be released after spring festival, he also confirmed that Mi5 will have Snapdragon 820 SoC. China’s Lunar New Year known as Spring Festival. The People’s Republic is about to enter 2016 on February 8, which means the Mi 5 will be announced and may be released on February second week.
Based on leaks and rumours expected key features of Xiaomi Mi 5 are:-
- 5.2 inch display with QHD resolution, 554 PPI and Force Touch/ 3D Touch pressure sensitive technology.
- Snapdragon 820 processor with 3GB RAM + 32GB Internal or 4GB RAM + 64GB Internal memory.
- 16 MegaPixel rear shooter with autofocus, optical image stabilization & dual-LED flash. 13MP front facing selfie camera.
- USB Type-C.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Non-removable Li-Po 3600 mAh battery with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 standard.
According to rumours Xiaomi will once again surprise with price tag, the price of 32GB inbuilt storage with 3GB RAM version will be CNY 1,999 which is around 20,300 INR, and 64GB inbuilt storage, and 4GB RAM will cost CNY 2,299 which around 23,400 INR.