Mi Max is Xiaomi’s latest flagship device and first fully loaded Mi phablet in India. Previously Xiaomi has launched Mi Tab with larger screen size but that was lacking 3G/4G connectivity. Yesterday Xiaomi Mi Max officially launched in India at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium Delhi, the event wasn’t as peaceful as we expected because of few Xiaomi fans who started protesting for freebies and fans were also started claiming that Xiaomi has invited more people than the capacity of events which ended calling Delhi Police.
I have attended few events and fan meet organised by Xiaomi and personally I really appreciate their events management. If there were some kind of sitting arrangement issues then Xiaomi should be careful next time before inviting huge numbers of people. Xiaomi and other companies will understand after this incident that people who are attending their events are not because they are fan but many of them are attending just because fo freebies and gifts many of them might be fan of other brand and few of them might not even much aware about of Xiaomi and it’s product but come on !! who will say no freebies :). So Xiaomi should be careful while inviting the people for events, if they are getting thousands of registration it doesn;t mean they all wanted to attend the event many of them might just registering to get some freebies.
About the Mi Max, Xiaomi had been launched Mi Max for Chinese market in May and now they have officially launched in India. Xiaomi learned the lessons from Mi 5 launch, when everyone criticised to ignore Indian market by not launching the higher version of Mi 5, so this time Xiaomi is also bringing the top variant of Mi Max with 4GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. The all metal body phablet Mi max will be having Dark Grey, Gold, and Silver colours with fingerprint scanner on the rear panel.
Key Features Of Xiaomi Mi Max:-
- Full metal body
- 6.44 inches IPS LCD capacitive full HD display with 342 PPI
- Dual SIM dual standby (Nano-SIM/Micro-SIM)
- VoLTE support for all network carriers
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 3GB RAM + 32GB Flash Storage + Snapdragon 650 hexa-core 1.8GHz
- 4GB RAM + 128GB Flash Storage + Snapdragon 652 octa-core 1.8GHz
- Adreno 510 600MHz
- Fast fingerprint scanner
- Memory expandable up to 128GB using hybrid SIM slot
- 16MP f/2.0 rear camera with phase detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash and 2160p video at 30fps
- 5MP f/2.0 front-facing camera with 1080p video recording at 30fps
- Connectivity:- LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, IR blaster & FM radio
- MIUI 7 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 4,850mAh non-removable battery
The first sale is going to happen in India on 6th July 2:00PM via Xiaomi’s official Mi Store, Click here to register for the sale. The device will be available to buy from Amazon, Flipkart, SnapDeal, Paytm & TataCliq from 13th July.
Price of Mi Max in India is confirmed as ₹ 14,999/- for 3GB RAM + 32GB Flash Storage and ₹ 19,999/- for 4GB RAM + 128GB Flash Storage.
The devices seems to be amazing on papers and I don’t have any doubt that it will also perform very well like other Xiaomi smartphones. I think Mi Max is going to be a Max performance device of 2016 in its price range.