In this post, I am going to share a common issue which you might have noticed on the Nokia S40 mobile phones. The “certificate not on phone or SIM” error message occurs when you try to download some file from the internet. Before jumping to the solution lets take look at the most probable reason behind this issue or error message.
Reason: “Certificate Not On Phone Or SIM” Error
- When you have intentionally or accidentally deleting the certificate manually from the setting’s security setting section.
- When you got your mobile phone flashed or repaired from some unauthorized service center or not flashed properly. So always visit the Authorised or Official Service Center if you having any issues with your mobile phones. Getting your phone or any other devices fixed from unauthorised or local stores may cost you less but its always risky for your device and it may also void the warranty.
Solution: “Certificate Not On Phone Or SIM” Error
- Wait for the software official “Firmware Over The Air(FOTA)” software updates. When you getting any OTA after having the issue then installed the available system software update is the best thing to do. Keep checking for the software updates regularly from the Phone’s settings. Download and install the available updates on your phone to resolve the certifications issue, it will also reinstall the missing certificates on the phone.
- Try reinstalling firmware using Nokia Ovi Suite/Nokia PC Suite. It’ll install the recommended & genuine software for the phone & with it, the certificates will get installed.
- If non of the above solution working for you then you must visit the authorized Service Centre near you. Please note that the above-mentioned reasons & solutions work for Nokia S40 phones. I’m not sure if this will work for the other mobile platform or not but installing the OTA updates mostly resolve these and many other similar small issues on the devices.
If you have any question or query then please feel free to leave a message in the comment section below.