OnePlus had committed that they will release the Oxygen OS 4 based on Android 7 Nougat by December 2016, we know that OnePlus is not that good at delivering commitments on time. Everyone was waiting for the update since the beginning of December 2016 but luckily at the end of December, the company has announced that they have started rolling out the Android N OTA for OnePlus 3-3T.
Its been more than 15 days but still very few users have got the Android N OTA for their device OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, recently OnePlus has also mentioned that they are releasing the update on the incremental basis so it may take some more time to deliver the OTA to all devices.
I can understand how hard it is to wait for the OTA that also for the major updates like Android Nougat which contains tons of new features and UI improvements.
In this post, I am going to explain a very easy and simple method to get Android N OTA for OnePlus 3-3T instantly without any delay.
How To Get Android OTA For OnePlus 3-3T ?
Note: Before following the procedure below, you should backup your important data (for worst case scenario) and your phone’s battery should have at least 30% power before starting the installation.
- Open Play Store and search for Opera VPN >> install the app “Opera Free VPN – Unlimited VPN”
- After finishing the installation open the “Opera Free VPN”
- Once you opened the app, you need to Tap on “Get Started”
- On next screen tap on “Skip” or slide left till you see “Got It” button >> Tap on “Got IT”
- Now you will see one connection request message tap on “OK”
- You will have the main screen of Opera VPN >> Tap on “Connect” wait till it establishes the VPN.
- On next screen you will have an option to change the region >> tap on “Change Region”
Select “Germany” from the drop-down and wait till it switches to Germany region.
- Once you see the screen saying “You are connected to Germany” >> Minimize the app
- Now, go to Settings >>> System Updates >>> check for updates
- You will get the OTA as soon as you tap on check for update. Now start downloading the updates by tapping on “Download” button.
You can turn off the VPN after starting the download. Switch back to the Opera VPN app >> tap on hamburger button >> tap on toggle button to turn off the VPN.
The download size will be approx 1.0 GB to 1.4 GB depending on your current version of OxygenOS. It may take some minutes to download the OTA package depending upon your internet speed, so wait and let it download.
- After downloading the OTA file, tap on “Install” to start the installation.
- Installation process may take around 5-20 minutes, so stay calm and let it install the updates without any interruptions.
I have tested this process on 4 different OnePlus 3 and 2 different OnePlus 3T, so far its working insanely smoother and faster than the previous version of OxygenOS. If you are facing any issues with call logs, just wipe the cache from recovery mode. Wiping cache from recovery is the quick and safe method to fix many basic UI glitches but only if you perform the operation very carefully.
If you need any help or you have any queries, just leave a comment below.
If you liked the post ? Please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.