OnePlus 3T is the upgraded version of OnePlus 3 launched in June 2016. OnePlus 3 is one of the most popular & praised smartphone among Bloggers and reviewers but OnePlus don’t want to settle yet, hence they have upgraded the OnePlus 3 and made the best Smartphone better 🙂 with the major improvement in front camera, processor, battery, and colour. Apart from the back colour the design and build of OnePlus 3T are exact as OnePlus 3, other upgrades are latest SnapDragon 821 processor and 16MP front camera.
Let’s compare the differences between OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
Key Features of OnePlus 3 & 3T:
- 5.5 inches Optic AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4, & 401 PPI
- Dual Nano-SIM; dual stand-by, VoLTE support
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: 4G-LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, NFC and USB v2.0-Type-C 1.0
- Front facing fingerprint sensor unlock in just 0.2 seconds, even when the screen is turned off.
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (OnePlus 3)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (OnePlus 3T)
- GPU: Adreno 530
- 64 GB Internal storage with 6GB RAM (OnePlus 3)
- 64 & 128 GB Internal storage with 6GB RAM (OnePlus 3T)
- 16 MP rear camera with f/2.0, PDAF, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.8″ sensor size and 1.12 µm pixel size.
- 8 MP front camera with f/2.0, 1/3.2″ sensor size and 1.4 µm pixel size (OnePlus 3)
- 16 MP front camera with f/2.0, 1.0 µm pixel size (OnePlus 3T)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery (OnePlus 3)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery (OnePlus 3T)
- Oxygen OS based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
I am already using the OnePlus 3 since last two months and so far I am completely satisfied and amazed with the overall performance. I can say this is the phone you can proudly suggest to anyone, it can compete with any Android devices including Google’s Pixel devices which are almost twice expensive than OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The company has made OnePlus 3T faster and better in short a true flagship killer which can put the Pixel and other Android devices in shame.
Last Saturday I have attended the OnePlus 3T Pop-Up event in Bangalore and I’ve got a chance to explore & experience the OnePlus 3T. The first and obvious thing you will notice In OnePlus 3T is its colour; OnePlus 3T has a new colour variant called Gunmetal which made the device more stunning.
Performance is very smooth and fast but if you compare the overall performance with OnePlus 3 you will barely notice any difference except the front camera which is a huge upgrade from the previous version. OnePlus 3T feature a 16MP selfie camera, with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 1.0 μm pixel size. OnePlus also tweaked the software to combine pixels together and capture the more bright and detailed image even in poor light conditions.
OnePlus has also modified and upgraded the Oxygen OS though it’s still running the Android Marshmallow OxygenOS team have made some fine-tuning in UI which may give you the taste of Android N. There are some new features like schedule power on/off, flip to silent, swipe three fingers to take the screenshots etc.
So, who should buy OnePlus 3T? if you like stock Android and looking for a good flagship Android phone then OnePlus 3T is the best you can get in just Rs.29,999/- for 64GB internal storage and 34,999/- for 128GB internal storage; for those who already have the OnePlus 3 then this won’t be a wise decision to upgrade to OnePlus 3T unless you are too much obsessed with taking selfies or you have lots of black money 🙂 . The OnePlus 3T will be available exclusively on Amazon.in from 14th December 12:01 PM.