Google has announced the year’s most awaited Android smartphone Pixel 2. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are the second round of Android smartphones made by Google. The company has started the Pixel series last year after killing its previous brand Nexus, we all have witnessed the success of the very first series of Pixel devices and all thanks to the clean software, build, and camera quality that Google delivered with their Pixel devices.
Google has guaranteed minimum three years of the software update for all Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices. The stock Android experience and regular software update are among one of the top reason people love about the devices made by Google. The devices will also keep getting the monthly patches from Google.
Pixel 2 comes in two sizes, with the same features in both. There’s the 5-inch Pixel 2 with a crystal-clear cinematic OLED display, which comes in Just Black, Clearly White and Kinda Blue. The 6-inch Pixel 2 XL has a razor-sharp pOLED display which creates a full screen, immersive viewing experience, and comes in Just Black and Black & White color variants. Both Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL feature a mostly-aluminum chassis with the glass panel towards the top of the device. Unlike its predecessor, the glass at back is shorter and doesn’t cover the fingerprint sensor, the rear camera sensor is also larger than last year’s Pixel devices.
Apart from few minor changes, the back panels of 2017’s Pixel devices are looking similar to its predecessor.
Key Specifications Of Pixel 2:
- Single Nano-SIM card & eSIM
- IP67 certified – dust and water resistant; water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- 5.0 inch AMOLED full HD display; 1080×1920 pixels, 441 PPI 16:9 aspect ratio; Always-on display
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection
- Dimensions: 5.74 x 2.74 x 0.31 inches
- Weight: 143g
- 4 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Snapdragon 835; Octa Core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 64/128 GB internal storage; No MicroSD support
- Rear Camera: 12.2-megapixel, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.6″ sensor size & 1.4 µm pixel size; Optical + electronic image stabilization, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED flash. 4K video recording at 30 fps, portrait mode, slow motion, time-lapse
- Front Camera: 8 MP, fixed focus, f/2.4 aperture, 1/3.2″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p @30 fps video recording
- Sensors: Pixel Imprint (Fingerprint sensor – Rear Mounted), proximity, Ambient light sensor, barometer, Gyrometer, Magnetometer, Hall effect sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G + 5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0 LE , USB 3.1 Type-C 1.0, GPS, NFC,
- Media: Stereo speakers, 3 Mics, Noise suppression, NO 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter
- Colors: Kinda Blue, Just Black, and Clearly White
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery with fast charging (Upto7 hours power in 15 minutes of charge)
- Latest 8.0 out of the box
There are very few specification and feature differences in Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2 is just bigger in size and its battery has more juice.
Key Specifications Of Pixel 2 XL:
- 6.0 inch AMOLED Quad HD display; 2880×14400 pixel, 538 PPI, 18:9 aspect ratio; Always-on display
- 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 3.0 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 175g
- Colors: Just Black, Black & White
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3520 mAh battery with fast charging
/* Rest of the features are same as Pixel 2 */
Google is bringing few new feature with the new Pixel devices like eSIM. Pixel 2 is going to be the first ever device to use the eSIM feature. The smartphone will be able to authenticate cellular account of Project Fi subscriber using devices’ built-in eSIMs.
The Pixel launcher is also redesigned for Pixel 2 devices, most of the design changes are visible on the home screen. The google search bar on the home screen is now at a more convenient place, though it may take some time to get used to it, it’s more easily accessible than the previous design. New Pixel launcher also has a new section at the top of the screen called “at a glance” which gives you quick access to the upcoming events and weather.
Google has finally ditched the classic 3.5mm headphone jack, the company knows the fact very well that USB-C Headphones are still not popular and still there are not too many good options if look for the USB-C Headphones in the market so Google giving a 3.5mm to USB-C Headphone Adapter (aka Headphone Adapter) with every Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL devices. However, Pixel 2 devices aren’t coming with any headphones so you need to buy one anyway unless you already have one.
Last years Google Pixel’s camera amazed everyone with the performance, and Google claimed that Pixel 2 will set a new landmark in the smartphone camera. Google Pixel 2 sets the new record by scoring 98 at DxOMark whereas Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8 are scored 94. DxOMark is a trusted industry standard for camera and lens image quality measurements and ratings.
Price And Release Date Of Pixel 2 In India
The prices of this year’s Pixel devices are very close to Apple’s recently launched iPhone 8. The price of Pixel 2 is starting from Rs. 61,000 slightly lower than the iPhone 8 which is Rs. 64,000/- and the Pixel 2 XL costs Rs. 73,000 for the 64GB storage variant, again very close to the price of iPhone 8 Plus which is Rs. 77,000.
The 128GB internal storage variants of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL have a price tag of Rs. 70,000 and Rs. 82,000, respectively.
Prebooking for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL also known as Pixel XL 2 will start from October 26 and the sale will start from November first week. Both Google Pixel devices will be available at around 1000 retail store across the country and for online buyers, Google partnered exclusively with Flipkart in India to sell the device online, you can also pre-order the Pixel 2 devices on Flipkart from October 26.