Since Indian OnePlus One users will not get any upcoming upgrade of Cyanogenmod due to Cyanogenmod’s deal with Micromax. We all know that OnePlus is already building Oxygen OS for OnePlus One devices. Rumour was that the Oxygen OS or O2 OS will release on 12th Feb but it will take some more time maybe a month or so.
The Oxygen OS seems promising as they said on 12th Feb on their blog (link to post) “OxygenOS will not ship with any bloatware. We’re keeping it clean and streamlined for performance. We value things like battery life and system efficiency, so we’ve remained true to our ROM’s namesake and created a seamless experience that is lightweight and essential”.
Let’s talk about Cyanogenmod which is likely to release the final version of CM12 which is based on Android 5.0.2/Android Lollipop. You can either wait for Oxygen OS of finale version of CyanogenMod, but if you want to taste the Lollipop sooner on Bacon you can install CM12 which currently in QA/QE phase.
I’m using this since last three days and I didn’t face any issue and it seems very stable till now. There are multiple methods to install this but here I’m going to mention the one which worked for me and I found this very easy to use.
Stuff to download before performing Installation
Install Latest OnePlus One Driver on your PC before performing any action.
You can download the driver from here if windows are unable to install it automatically.
Click here to download Cyanogenmod for bacon from CM’s Official site. Since it’s not the final build so Cyanogenmod is seeding update every night hence download the latest one which is available date wise.
Download Google Apps
Currently, CyanogenMod isn’t coming with Google apps so you have to download and install Google apps manually.
So download it from here. Read the package details and download the appropriate one.
Download One Plus One Toolbox
This tool has all important applications like TWRP Recovery, CWM Recovery and Boot Lock/Unlock Option etc.
- CM12 Installation Process on One Plus One
Before jumping to the installation process make sure the device driver is installed properly. Once ADB fastboot and driver installed connect your device and check in My computer >>> Properties >>> device manager, whether it’s detecting your device or not. Check the screenshot below.
- Unzip the OPO toolbox.
- Run the application file named OPO_Toolbox.
- Turn off your phone and once it switched off press power button and volume up button together for few seconds leave the buttons once you will feel small vibrate on phone. You will see the screen like
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Now first we need to unlock the bootloader to do so click on “Unlock bootloader.”
You will see a command line screen where you can see the process.
- Now again reboot in fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC.
- Now select TWRP recovery and click on flash.
- You can choose any one of your choices but I would like to recommend TWRP recovery.
- After flashing with TWRP recovery. The TWRP Recovery menu will open automatically, after flashing it will also just boot the device in recovery mode. You can also manually boot in recovery mode just turn off the device and press and hold volume down + power key together.
- Put your CM12 ROM on root/home directory of OPO and reboot phone in recovery mode.
- Once phone boot in recovery mode you will have the TWRP recovery window. Select Install navigate/browse the CM12 Zip file. (See above image for ref.)
- Select the zip file and swipe to flash your device with CM12.
Currently, CM12 isn’t coming with Google apps so you have to install it manually.
- Choose the appropriate Google Apps package according to your need and download it from here Put the Google Apps zip file in the home directory.
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode.
- Select Install >>> Browse the Google Apps Zip file and swipe install button to get it installed.
Google Apps can also be installed with ROM installation, you can add multiple zip file while flashing the ROM.