I have seen this weird issue on many systems which is whenever you open the new tab or window on your browser it will open some unknown webpage which pretends to be your default search engine. If you are having this issue on your system or you are not able to set the Google as your default search engine then this post will help you remove those unnecessary web pages from your browsers.
- Type about:config in the URL address bar of your browser hit enter.
- Accept the confirmation by clicking on “I will be careful, I promise”.
- Search for “babylon” (without the ” ” quotation marks) in the search bar
- You will get a window like below,
- Now, right-click on each line and reset every single one that appeared after searching babylon.
- After resetting all values, search again for the “babylon” you should be getting data like the screenshot below.
- Now set Google as your default search engine, look for the browser.newtab.url on the same screen > right click and choose MODIFY to change to your desired search engine.
Now restart your browser once and you should be getting the normal new tab or new window and the Google as your default search engine. You will have to do the same process for “Smartbar.ConduitSearch” & “Smartbar.ConduitSearch”. Search for each of these individually and reset the data.