This type of error generally occurs when you deleted any Operating System from dual boot system. Like suppose you have two operating system windows 7 and Ubuntu installed in two separate partitions on your system and you deleted the partition having Ubuntu, there will be chance of this error. This issue will be fixed easily just by following these steps…
1. Let SYSTEM REPAIR start on boot-up.
2. Choose Command Prompt option.
At the DOS prompt type the following three commands …!!
3. bootrec.exe /fixmbr or bootrec/fixmbr
4. bootrec.exe /fixboot (may return an ‘Element not found’ message). or bootrec/fixboot
5. bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd or bootrec/RebuildBcd
6. Close the command prompt window and click the ‘Startup Repair’ option.
7. The repair process may take some time, so wait until the process completes at which point you will see two messages “Windows cannot repair this computer automatically” and “Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically”. These messages are the result of the radical changes made by removing the other drive. Ignore the Send/Don’t send options.
8. Close this message window by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the Send/Don’t send window. Next click on the ‘View advanced options for system recovery and support’ option and from the main menu once again click ‘Startup Repair’. This time the repair process may only that a few seconds and when prompted “Startup Repair could not detect a problem”, click ‘Finish’ and run the ‘Startup Repair’ option one more time, click ‘Finish’, and then remove the System Repair DVD and click ‘Restart’. Reboot the computer.
Feel free to share any suggestion to make this post better and just leave a comment if you need any more support regarding this post.