I have faced this issue several times and got a very easy solution for this issue. This type of error generally occurs when you deleted any Operating System from dual boot system or format any drive/partition from your computer. If you are deleting a partition or removing an operating system from your dual machine then do not forget to fix MBR to avoid this problem, I have posted similar content in my previous post you can read here for the reference. however, this issue will be fixed easily just by following these steps:
- Let SYSTEM REPAIR start on boot-up.
- Choose Command Prompt option.
How to Solve “No such partition”, “Grub rescue” Error?
At the DOS prompt type the following three commands:
- bootrec.exe /fixmbr or bootrec/fixmbr
- bootrec.exe /fixboot (may return an ‘Element not found’ message). or bootrec/fixboot
- bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd or bootrec/RebuildBcd
- Close the command prompt window and click the ‘Startup Repair’ option.
The repair process may take some time, so wait and let it finish. After finishing the process you might get the error message saying “Windows cannot repair this computer automatically” and “Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically”; ignore the message and restart your PC.
if you getting the error message after restarting the system then just restart the ‘Startup Repair’ process and now it will be fixed automatically. You can also consider disk defragment before starting ‘Startup Repair’.