Hello folks I M sure, most of you know about foxmarks which now changed to Xmarks and also about LastPass Password Manager, combination of these two tools are very useful especially for those who have lots of online accounts and for those who like bookmarking.
The Xmarks bookmark synchronizer is an extension for Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Apple Safari (on OS X 10.5 and 10.6) that synchronizes bookmarks between computers, can also synchronize passwords, open tabs, and browsing history. Opera support is highly anticipated, but has not been implemented at this time due to a lack of API functionality. It is one of the most popular Firefox add-ons, attaining over one hundred and fifty thousand download per week. On December 2, 2010, it was announced that LastPass acquired the bookmark synchronizer Xmarks.
LastPass Password Manager is a freemium password management program developed by LastPass. It is available as a plugin for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari. There is also a LastPass Password Manager Bookmarklet for other browsers. Passwords in LastPass Password Manager are protected by a master password and are encrypted locally and are synchronized to any other browser. LastPass Password Manager also has form filler that automates password entering and form filling. It also supports password generation, site sharing and site logging. LastPass password management technology was integrated into the “Identity and Privacy” feature of Internet Security Company, Webroot’s newest security suite.
With the combination of these two plugin your browsing experience will be more easy and comfortable just install these two plugin and forget your password and saving bookmarks and browser history manually.
How to install Xmarks Plugin:-You can either install this plugin from the plugin page of your browser or directly from the official website by clicking here.
- Open your browser go to plugin page for example.. Click here for firefox, Click here for Google Chrome etc
- Search for xmarks add to your browser it may ask you to install last pass, consider LastPass installation if want to use LastPass or avoid if you don’t want.
- Open xmarks.com in your browser and simply click on install, click allow in firefox and chrome and install the .msi file for internet explorer.
- Register with your email id and basic details.
- Synchronise your bookmarks.
- If you already registered just click on login enter your username and password and synchronise your bookmarks.
How to install LastPass Password Manager:- Same steps for LastPass it will also installed with above both method either by browser’s plugin/extension page or from the official website by clicking here.
- Install the plugin/extension
- Register with your basic detail like name, email id etc.
- Create a master password
Now whenever you enter login detail to any website it will ask you to save the login detail allow to save file and you will also chose some feature like AutoFill, AutoLogin if you choose autofill amd autologin option next time whenever you open that webpage lastpass will automatically enter you login detail and bring you inside the website no need to press login/signin buttons.
Enjoy synchrosing bookmarks and login details.
Feel free free to suggest me if you have any updates or any ideas to make this post better and more user friendly.