After the successful release of Nokia 3310, Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, the Finnish smartphone company HMD Global that owns the brand name Nokia has released the flagship smartphone called Nokia 8.
Related Articles: Nokia 3, Nokia 5 & Nokia 6 Launched In India
You might have seen many rumors and leaks about the Nokia 8 on several web portals but last week HMD Global made the Nokia 8 official. As expected, Nokia 8 is a bundle of flagship features and the design is exactly same as the images leaked before its release. Let’s take a look at the specification Of Nokia 8.
Key Specification Of Nokia 8:
- Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE support; Hybrid SIM Slot
- Fingerprint sensor (front-mounted with home button)
- 5.3 inches IPS QHD display; 1440 x 2560 pixels; 554 PPI pixel density
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection
- Processor: Snapdragon 835 Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Kryo & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- 13 MP Dual Camera, f/2.0, laser & phase detection autofocus, Zeiss optics, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 1.12µm pixel size
- 13 MP wide-angle front camera equipped with ZEISS optics
- 4 GB LPPDDR4 RAM
- 64 GB UFS2.1 internal storage; Micro SD card support up to 256 GB using 2nd SIM slot
- Nokia OZO audio to record 360-degree audio
- Splashproof (IP54) – protect from water splash
- Dimension: 151.5mm x 73.7mm x 7.9mm
- Color: Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
- 3090 mAh2 battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, 3-mics; USB 3.1 Type-C, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Stock Android 7.1.1 out of the box
With the Nokia 8, HMD Global has introduced a unique feature which they are calling “Bothie”; by using the bothie you can use both front and rear camera at the same time to take the photos or record videos. Bothie or Dual-Sight camera mode will be very fancy for live video sharing on social media platform like Facebook, YouTube etc.
HMD Global is clearly targeting the smartphone camera segment by the Nokia 8 hence they have packed a 13MP dual rear camera with the Zeiss lens and couple of unique features like bothie and Nokia OZO. Nokia OZO is the feature which helps to record the more natural and 360° surround sound while video recording with Nokia 8.
The rear cameras of Nokia 8 are 13 MP (Colour + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono), 1.12µm, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus or PDAF, IR range finder and dual tone flash. The 13-megapixel front camera also comes with features like PDAF, 1.12µm, f/2.0 and the display flash. Display flash is nothing but the basic feature that uses the screen brightness while using the front camera in low lights. Hope the camera will work as good as it looks on the paper.
The company has started accepting the pre-orders in countries like Germany, Australia, and Russia via the third party online retailers like O2, Mobilcom Debitel, Telekom, Media Markt, Saturn, Amazon and Megafon, all of these retailers is claiming to ship the Nokia 8 from September 6 or 7.
The Pre-order price in Germany is EUR 577- EUR 579 (Rs. 43,600 to Rs. 43, 700 approx), in Russia it is priced at EUR 575 (Rs. 43,000 approx) and in Australia, the pre-order price of Nokia 8 is AUD 899 (Rs. 44,400 approx). HMD Global might start shipping the Nokia 8 in India from October’s first week and the price of Nokia 8 in India could be around 42,000 to 45,000 Indian Rupees.
If you liked the post, then please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
Want to stay updated about latest mobile phones? Please follow tecinfoBiT on facebook, twitter, Google Plus, Instagram
Image Source: Nokia.com