Microsoft has launched the Windows 8 just a few months back, and the company has released the guidelines to upgrade to Windows 8 from the previous version of windows but many users upgraded their previous Windows to the Windows 8 without following the guideline and checking compatibility. We have already seen the many hardware compatibility issues on several forums and support centres for example – “USB 3.0 software isn’t working on some windows 8 PC”, some software and drivers are not working after installing windows 8 on my system too.
These issues are just because many hardware providers haven’t upgraded their software yet to make it compatible with windows 8. I’ll help with all of such common issues regarding hardware and software compatibility that I have tried and worked for me.
If you are shifting from current operating system to newer Windows operating system then there must be some software which you love to use in the newer Windows operating system but it may not work in your upgraded Windows OS due to the compatibility issues.
How to Run Any Program in Compatibility Mode?
- Right click on the setup file of the application you wanted to run.
- Click on the properties > a pop-up window will open having several option tab click on Compatibility.
- Select your previous version of the Windows or the earlier version of Windows which successfully executed the program earlier.
- Optional -Tick the checkbox “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on Apply >> Ok
- Run the setup either by double click if it still does not work, right click on the setup and choose run as administrator.