RealMe, the sub-brand of Chinese mobile phone manufacturer Oppo has launched a new budget phone in India, named RealMe 3.
RealMe is in open competition with Xiaomi Redmi phones since inception and that’s why RealMe officials took a jab at Xiaomi a few days back by posting on social media sites about the 12nm based MediaTek Helio P70. RealMe has claimed that the P70 processor is better than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 which Xiaomi has used for the Redmi Note 7.
It is a fact that the Snapdragon 660 is not a very new processor, last year it had powered some popular phones like Vivo V11 Pro, Xiaomi A2, Nokia 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy A8 Star, RealMe 2 Pro etc.
However, RealMe has claimed that Helio P70 is 30% faster, 3% better CPU performance, and will consume 40% less power than the SD660.
Apart from the MediaTek Helio P70, RealMe also has 6.22-inch HD+ dewdrop notch display with the resolution of 1520×720, two RAM/storage variants – 3 GB RAM with 32 GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 13MP+2MP dual rear camera, 13 MP front camera, and 4,230mAh battery.
Key Features of RealMe 3:
- Dual SIM dual standby, Dual 4G-VoLTE Support
- 2-Nano and 1 MicroSD card slot in a single tray
- 6.22 inch HD+ IPS LCD display with dewdrop notch, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio, 270 PPI pixel density.
- Gorilla Glass 3 for screen protection.
- MediaTek Helio P70 (12nm) SoC, Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53).
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3.
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32 GB internal storage.
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64 GB internal storage.
- Storage expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated card slot).
- Rear mounted fingerprint sensor and Face Unlock.
- Rear Camera: Dual camera; 13 MP with f/1.8 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor; LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Selfie Camera: 13 MP f/2.0, 1.12µm pixel size.
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Light and Proximity Sensor.
- Connectivity: WiFi, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack and micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go.
- Colour: Black, Dynamic Black.
- Dimension: 6.15 x 2.98 x 0.33 inches.
- Weight: 175 g.
- 4230 mAh Non-removable battery with fast charging.
- Color OS 6, based on Android 9 (Pie).
What’s in the Box: RealMe 3 Handset, 5V2A Adapter, Micro USB Cable, Warranty Card, Quick Guide, SIM Card Tool, Screen Protector, Protection Case (Back Cover)
Price, and Availability of RealMe 3:
Similar to the other earlier released RealMe phones, RealMe 3 is also a budget phone with competitive price tags. So, the price of RealMe 3 is starting from Rs. 8,999 for 3GB RAM + 32GB Storage variant and Rs. 10,999 for 4GB RAM + 64GB Storage variant. The company has announced the RealMe 3 at the launch event happened yesterday in Delhi but the device will be available from March 12 at 12 PM via Flipkart.