Email is one of the most important parts of website/blog, usually it comes configured by default on shared hosting but if you are using VPS or any kind of server you need to install and configure mail transfer agents. Without installing such tools you will not get any mail from website hosted on that server. If you want quick solution and don’t want to enable/configure full featured mail server then this tutorial is for you because with the help of sSMTP you will start receiving mail within minutes. To install sSMTP on your server with Google Apps & Gmail account, follow the following steps.
- Open terminal and log on to your server.
- Install sSMTP by using command # sudo apt-get install ssmtp
- Accept by entering “Y” to proceed installation.
- Now you need to edit configuration file. You can edit configuration file either from terminal or opening file via FTP client.
- You need to edit the file /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
- From terminal enter # sudo nano /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
- Click Here to open the configuration file.
- Change the given mail with your gmail id and password and paste it in your ssmtp.conf file.
Save the ssmtp.conf file
- Restart your server # service nginx restart or # service apache2 restart
Please feel free to ask if you have any doubt or question, to ask your doubts or questions just leave a comment below.
Image Source:- marketingland.com