I have already published an article about How To Improve PageRank In Search Engines With Webmaster Tools where I had mentioned that how could we increase the Pagerank in the search engines and this pot is an extension of that post. Here you will understand the process and way to submit your site Google Webmaster Tools.
Ok, to submit your site to Google Webmaster Tools you must have to log-in with your Gmail account and open Google Webmaster Tools.
Follow These Steps:
- Open Google Webmaster Tools click on sign into Google Webmaster Tools (avoid if already logged-in to your any google account)
- Click on “Add a Site”. [A small window will appear on your screen]
- Paste the URL of your site that you would like to manage and click on continue.
- Now a verification page will open
Now you have two options to verify your website:
Download and upload google’s unique identification code to your website/blog
- Download this HTML verification file. [googlexxxxxxxxx.html]
- Upload the file to http://www.domainname.com/
- Confirm successful upload by visiting http://www.domainname.com/googlexxxxxxxxxx.html in your browser.
- ClickVerify below.
To stay verified, don’t remove the HTML file, even after verification succeeds.
- Add a meta tag to your site’s home page [You should use this option if you are able to upload the HTML file on your server].
- Click on “Add a meta tag to your site’s home page” option to view more instruction.
- Use your Google Analytics account [You can use this option if your site already has a Google Analytics tracking code that uses the asynchronous snippet. You must be an administrator on the Analytics account].
- Add a DNS record to your domain’s configuration [You can use this option if are able to sign in to your domain registrar or hosting provider and add a new DNS record].
- Select your domain registrar or provider from the list.
- After doing any of the above clicks on the “Verify”.
If you succeed in site verification now you can see your site on the webmaster tools Dashboard to view detail about your site click on your site and view all detail.
NOTE:- The process of adding URL to different search engines, for example, bing, yahoo, ask etc are almost the same as adding to google webmaster.
Now you can submit sitemap which tells Google about pages and posts or content of your website.