If your child already has a Microsoft account or an email address that he or she uses with other Microsoft services like Hotmail or Xbox LIVE, you can add that account to your PC through Family Safety. You can also create a new Windows user account (with or without an accompanying email address) for a child.
- Sign in to your PC with an administrator account.
- Tap or click Change PC settings from the Settings charm.
- In the left pane, tap or click Users.
- Under Other users, tap or click Add a user.
- Do one of the following:
- If your child already has an email address, enter it, and then tap or click Next.
- If you want to create a new email address for your child, tap or click Sign up for a new email address and follow the instructions.
- If you want your child to sign in to this PC only, tap or click Sign in without a Microsoft account. Tap or click Local account, and follow the instructions.
- Select the child’s account? Turn on Family Safety to get reports of their PC use check box, and then tap or click Finish.
How to Add a Parent to Your Family Safety
You can assign other people parental access to Family Safety. When you add a parent to your family, they can respond to kids’ permission requests and monitor kids’ PC activities, so you can present a united parenting front. Here’s how:
- Use the Search charm to search for family, and then tap or click Set up Family Safety for any user.
- Tap or click Manage settings on the Family Safety website. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
- Under Family summary, at the bottom of the list of family members, do one of the following:
- Tap or clickAdd a new parent to add someone to the list of family members and then follow the instructions.
- Tap or click Make a family member a parent to give parent permissions to an existing family member. Choose a person from the drop-down list, and follow the instructions.