TWRP Recovery is the most successful custom recovery for smartphones and tablets, it support wide range of android devices. This post will guide to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2:-
i. Download and install ADB fastboot from here.
ii. Download TWRP for OnePlus 2 from here and place the TWRP recovery img file inside adb folder (C:\adb\)
1. After installing you will see the ADB folder on your computer’s C drive. (C:\adb)
2. Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. To do so Go to Settings > About Phone >> Build number >> Tap it 7 times to enable developer options. To enable USB de-bugging go to Settings >> Developer Options >> USB Debugging option and use this toggle button to enable it. Accept warning by tapping on OK button.
3. Turn off your device and boot into fastboot mode (press and hold volume up + power button for few seconds), the fast boot screen will appear.
4. Now connect your device to computer via USB cable.
5. Now go to C:/adb directory >> press and hold shift key and right click inside the folder >>> open command window here. A command window will appear.
6. Now check for connected devices by typing fastboot devices. You will see your alphanumeric device id.
7. Now unlock bootloader type fastboot oem unlock to unlock bootloader. On your phone select yes to confirm the bootloader unlock.
8. Once done, The device will automatically reboot. Boot your device in fastboot mode again to see bootloader status type fastboot oem device-info
9. Now flash TWRP by typing fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img (twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img is TWRP img file name your may be different).
10. Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type the following command to reboot the device
11. Now boot your device in recovery mode by pressing volume down + power button together. Now your device will open in recovery mode with newely installed TWRP recovery.