CyanogenMod is the best and most popular custom Android ROM in the market which also been the main reason behind the massive success of OnePlus One the very first device of Chinese mobile device startup OnePlus.
OnePlus released its second device OnePlus 2 with own custom ROM called Oxygen OS as a default OS. OxygenOS a buggy and very unstable OS I’ve ever used which screwed the hardware rich and potentially unbeatable device like OnePlus 2.
OnePlus One predecessor of OnePlus 2 is still better than OnePlus 2 on performance basis which is just because of the stable and bug-free OS CyanogenMod. OnePlus has released 4-5 OTA updates since it started selling OnePlus 2 but it’s still too buggy and unstable.
With every OTA updates if they are fixing suppose 2-3 issues then the same OTA raising a few more issues sudden after installing the OTA updates. I highly doubt that they have any kind of testing team or they are even doing any kind of testing before releasing OTA updates.
If you are too much frustrated with OxygenOS and ready to compromise for few features then you can install CyanogenMod on OnePlus 2. There isn’t any official CyanogenMod ROM released yet for OnePlus 2 but there is an unofficial ROM which you can try for now.
What Will Not Work?
- Laser Autofocus
- Notification Slider
- Enforcing selinux
How to Install CyanogenMod on OnePlus 2?
- Install TWRP Recovery. Click Here to know how to install TWPR Recovery on OnePlus 2.
- Download CM 12.1 ROM from here
- Download Google Apps compatible for OnePlus 2.
- Turn Off your device, after the device is turned off, press and hold power button & volume down key for a few seconds, after a short vibration release the buttons. Your phone will boot in recovery mode.
- You need to clear the cache first (Wipe -> Advanced -> Dalvik Cache -> Cache -> select all except Internal and OTG). After finishing the task you need to return back to home screen on TWRP recovery.
- Tap on install and on next screen locate the file CM 12.1 zip file then tap on “add more Zips” and select the GApps zip file.
- Slide the horizontal arrow to flash your device with CM ROM.
- As soon as CyanogenMod gets installed you will see the successful message. Now you need to reboot the system to complete the installation process, so tap on Reboot System.
- Before installing any apps or copying any data to device perform a factory reset from settings >> Backup & Reset >> factory data reset.