OnePlus has released new OS update for OnePlus 2 which was very necessary since users were facing too many issues with the OxygenOS. OnePlus has announced on their forum about the update and they also mentioned that “The rollout will be incremental per usual. Please be patient if you don’t get it right away”. So chances are it may take few time to deliver the update on all devices. This update has some fixes as well as few new features so if you don’t wanted to wait for OTA then you can update it manually just in few minutes.
This update includes:-
- Fixed dual SIM preference selection issues in settings
- Added NTFS and exFAT support for OTG
- Fixed Google Camera photo-sphere and panorama bugs
- Screen temperature can now be adjusted from quick settings
- Added hide search bar option in launcher settings
- Security patches
- Holiday wallpapers
- General bug fixes and optimizations
To update your OnePlus 2 manually using OxygenOS 2.2.0 zip file of OTA please follow the following steps:-
1. I always recommend everyone to take a proper backup before messing with your device so take the backup first.
2. Download OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA zip file from here.
3. Transfer the downloaded zip file in to your OnePlus 2.
4. Turn Off the device.
5. Boot your device into recovery mode (Press power button + volume down button).
6. Once your device gets boot in recovery mode select the “English” and then tap on “install from SD”.
7. Locate and select the zip file.
8. Tap on yes to install the package.
It will take five to ten minutes to install the package. After the complete installation reboot your device and wait to upgrade and optimize the apps.
9. Again boot your device into recovery mode and select Wipe data and cache >>> Wipe cache>>> yes >> reboot.