The Chinese smartphone company OnePlus has officially confirmed that their next flagship device will be the OnePlus 5 NOT OnePlus 4. The company has shared the information exclusively with “The Verge”.
According to the online tech magazine “The Verge”, OnePlus skipped the number 4 because Chinese consider it as unlucky number due to its pronunciation which is similar to “death” and “decease”.
Also Read: Official Release Date Of OnePlus 5 In India
Many employees like the former NBA player Robert Horry who wore a number five jersey. OnePlus has shared one photo on Twitter with the paintings of Robert Horry in the background. This can be another reason behind going with the number 5 instead of 4.
OnePlus is well known for giving a hard time to the top smartphone brands (eg. Samsung, LG, Google, Oppo, Xiaomi etc) with their high-performance smartphones and everyone have the same expectations from the OnePlus 5 also.
There is still not a single word about the specifications yet but multiple leaks and rumors are indicating that OnePlus 5 will be the first ever OnePlus device to have the dual rear camera.
Expected Specifications Of OnePlus 5:
- Dual 4G Nano SIM dual standby; 4G LTE/VoLTE
- 5.5-inch QHD Optic AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset; clocked up to 2.45 GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM with 128GB or 265GB internal storage
- Dual 23 MegaPixel rear camera with f/2.0, PDAF, OIS, LED flash, 1/2.8″ sensor size, and 1.12 µm pixel size.
- 16 MP front camera with f/2.0, 1.0 µm pixel size
- WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C with Snail Charge
- 3600 mAh Non-removable battery
- OxygenOS 5 based on Android 7 Nougat; Upgradable to Android O